- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- Depart for Gomantong Caves, journey will take approximately
2 hrs passing by Oil Palm plantations and villages. On arrival, take a 10 minute walk to
the cave entrance of Simud Hitam. Explore these magnificent limestone caves, home to
millions of bats and swiflet birds. During the collection of the edible bird nest, there
will be a lot of workers climbing long rattan ladders to collect the expensive nest.
- After exploring the caves, depart to the village of Sukau by
the banks of the Kinabatangan River, the longest river in Sabah.
- Board boat for a 5 minute transfer to the
River Lodge. On arrival,
check in & lunch at the main hall.
- Depart for boat cruise along the Kinabatangan river to
search for the odd nose monkeys of Borneo - the Proboscis Monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to the river lodge for dinner.
- Overnight at the river lodge by the banks of the Kinabatangan
( Lunch & Dinner )
- Depart for an early morning visit to the ox-bow lake to
search for birds and other wildlife.
- Return to the river lodge for breakfast.
- Check out and depart for Sandakan Airport or hotel in
Sandakan. End of tour.
( Breakfast )