- Meet on arrival at Mulu airport (preferably morning arrival) and transfer to Park
Afternoon start off with a visit to the Deer & Lang Caves.
- Journey overland longboat to the Park HQ will be around 5mins.
- Register at the park and have a quick look at the visitor center before proceeding on
the 3-km plankwalk through the jungle to arrive at the caves.
- After visiting the caves, await exit of the bats outside on the observation platform.
- Return to Park Chalet late evening for overnight.
- After breakfast, leave by longboat for Kuala Berar or Kuala Litut depending on the water
level (bring just overnight gear with along).
- Longboat journey will be around half an hour after which it will be a comfortable 2-3hr
trek through primary jungle to reach Camp 5 - camp base of the Pinnacles.
- Do a short trek in the afternoon around the surrounding jungles - just a bit further up
to the Melinau Gorge.
- Back to the camp early evening and have tea whilst witnessing the spectacular sunset
against the Melinau backdrop.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp.
(Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- Early breakfast camping style and trek back to Kuala Berar (or Litut) downriver.
- On the way, stop at the Clearwater Caves and relax for awhile before visiting the Wind
& Clearwater Caves.
- Depart downriver to the Park HQ - there will be a short stop at the Penan settlement.
- Back at Park HQ late afternoon and have the rest of the evening free.
- Overnight at the Park Chalet.
(Breakfast & Lunch)
- Free at leisure till your departure flight out of Mulu.
- End of tour.
Package rate not inclusive of airfare to/fro Mulu.
Accommodation based on Park Chalet.
Bring only your backpack (rest of luggage to be left in your
room at the chalet) for the trek to Camp 5.
You will need a sleeping bag (as the camp shelter is basic),
insect repellent. Sleeping bag available for rent at RM20 for the trip.
The river current by the camp is swift and you are advised not
to indulge in swimming downriver. Bathing is permitted but be extra cautious of the
Camp shelter is basic but with toilet facilities.
Binoculars will be handy when on trek and around the camp
area/surroundings as we do spot wildlife and birds from time to time.
Park chalet transfer by van/pick up.
Items to bring: Torch Light,
Rain Coat, Gloves, Sleeping Bag for Overnight, Coverall, Trekking Shoes with Good Grip,
Water Bottle, Insect Repellent, Carbide Lamp, Batteries, First Aids Kits, and STR
equipment will appropriate for adventure caving. Item of personal nature. Film recommended
using ASA 400/1000.