Klias River Cruise: An exciting tour to search for the Proboscis Monkeys & see the Spectacular Nature’s X’mas Lights…
Itinerary for Klias River Cruise
*1400 hrs – Meet at hotel lobby and depart for the Klias Wetlands at Kota Klias, located approximately 112 km from Kota Kinabalu.
The journey will pass through small towns, paddy fields and villages.
1600 hrs – On arrival at Kota Klias Jetty, local tea/coffee and cakes will be served.
1630 hrs – Board boat for a river cruise to search for the odd nosed monkeys of Borneo – the Proboscis Monkeys in addition to other primates.
- Klias Wetlands has a large population of the bizarre-looking proboscis monkeys
- Other riverside wildlife that may be spotted are macaques, crocodiles, monitor lizards, tree snakes and birds such as the eagle.
When darkness sets in, on the return journey to the jetty, witness nature’s display of Christmas lights – the fireflies.
- Enjoy a spectacular natural light show when hundreds of fireflies put on a glowing performance in the Mangrove Forest Reserve.
1900 hrs – Finally, arrive at the jetty for a hearty dinner overlooking the Klias River.
2030 hrs – After dinner, depart for Kota Kinabalu and transfer back to your respective hotels.
2230 hrs – End of Tour.
- * Departure time varies from different hotels.
- Tour is inclusive of boat ride, transfers, light refreshment, dinner and licensed tour guide.
- Guest are advise to bring extra change of clothings and insect repellent.