Unique wildlife tour at Kinabatangan River, Sukau near Sandakan to search for the Proboscis Monkeys, with stopover at Gomantong Caves
Itinerary for Gomantong Caves & Kinabatangan River
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- Depart for Gomantong Caves, described by WWF as ‘the best-managed edible birds’ nest cave in the world.
- Journey will take approximately 2 hrs overland passing by Oil Palm plantations and villages.
- On arrival, take a 10 minute walk to the cave entrance of Simud Hitam.
- Explore these magnificent limestone caves, home to millions of bats and swiflet birds.
- During the collection of the edible bird nest, there will be a lot of workers climbing long rattan ladders to collect the expensive nest.
- After exploring the caves, depart to the village of Sukau by the banks of the Kinabatangan River, the longest river in Sabah.
- On arrival, check in and lunch at the main hall.
- Depart for boat cruise along the Kinabatangan river to search for the odd nose monkeys of Borneo – the Proboscis Monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to the lodge for dinner.
- Overnight at the river lodge by the banks of the Kinabatangan River.
( Lunch & Dinner )
- After breakfast, depart for Sandakan Airport or to hotel.
- End of tour.
( Breakfast )
Things You Should Know / Bring / Wear
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.