Meet the Icons of Sandakan Wildlife – Turtles at Selingan, and Orangutans at Sepilok
Itinerary for Ex-Sandakan Wildlife Tour
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- Depart for Sandakan Town.
- Meet at designated point and transfer to jetty to board boat for transfer to Selingan Turtle Island.
- The boat ride journey will be approximately 1 hr.
- Firstly upon arrival, register at the reception and check in to the chalet.
- Lunch at the cafeteria.
- Free at leisure.
- Meet at the cafeteria for dinner, while waiting for the park ranger to signal for turtle watching.
- Observe the whole activity of the turtle laying eggs and covering the hole, tagging of the turtle by the park ranger, as well as the transferring of the eggs to the hatchery.
- Also, if there are young turtle hatchlings, an opportunity to observe the hatchlings being release to the sea.
- Overnight at the Chalet.
( Lunch & Dinner )
- After breakfast, depart for Sandakan Town.
- On arrival, proceed to the world famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Journey will take approximately 30 minutes overland.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter and proceed for a 30 min video show on the Centre.
- After the video show and briefing, then proceed to the Platform to observe the daily feeding of the Orang Utan (time: 1000 hrs).
- In addition, you can visit the nursery area where the younger Orang Utans first learn to be outside and play on a large climbing frame.
- Proceed to Sandakan Town for Lunch.
- At 1400 hrs, proceed for Sandakan City Tour.
- Transfer to airport for flight to next destination or transfer to hotel.
- End of tour.
( Breakfast & Lunch )
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.