Unique scuba diving and island holidays at three spectacular dive spots, including the world famous Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai islands in Sabah. This package will give you an opportunity to stay at the lesser known Mabul and savour the unique splendour of the island, which is only a stone throw away from Sipadan.
– Arrival at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA).
– Meet upon arrival and transfer to city hotel.
– Overnight at city hotel.
– In the morning, meet at hotel lobby and transfer to KKIA.
– Flight from Kota Kinabalu to Tawau (~1.5 hrs).
– Pick up at Tawau airport for land transfer to Semporna jetty (~30mins).
– Transfer from Semporna jetty to Mabul Island by speedboat (~30 mins).
– Diving activity.
– Overnight at Mabul Island.
(Breakfast / Full Board at Mabul)
Day 3 – Day 5
Overnight at Mabul Island.
(Full Board at Mabul)
– Free at leisure in the morning (refer note below on last day diving)
– Transfer to Semporna jetty by speedboat and thereafter by land to Tawau airport.
– Flight from Tawau to KK.
– Meet at KKIA and transfer to hotel.
– Overnight at city hotel.
(Full Board while at Mabul only)
– Free at leisure until pick-up time to the airport.
– Departure from Kota Kinabalu to next destination.
– End of tour.
- Return airfare (Kota Kinabalu/Tawau/Kota Kinabalu) with airport tax.
- Return airport-hotel transfer, meals as stated above.
- Return land & sea transfers (Kota Kinabalu/Tawau/Semporna & return).
- Accommodation based on Twin Share basis (2 persons) at a city hotel in Kota Kinabalu, and in chalet type with attached air-conditioning, and hot shower room at Mabul.
- All food and hot beverage EXCEPT the alcoholic, fruit juice and carbonated drinks while at Mabul.
- 3 boat combinations dives per day with dive master on Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai.
- Unlimited beach diving on Mabul island.
- Use of tanks with air, weights and weight belt.
- International airfare to/fro Kota Kinabalu.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
Note on Diving:
- The MALAYSIAN GOVERMENT has imposed a levy charge of USD 11 Per Person for 1 week period for divers who are diving at Sipadan Island. For guests who stay more than 1 WEEK, they will need to pay an additional USD 22 Per Person. The levy charge is to be paid separately as it is NOT included in the package price.
- Flying after diving (last day at resort) — The latest recommendation from DAN, Training Agencies, etc. indicates that you should wait a minimum of 12 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly. However, SMART recognises that people, agencies and even computers and tables differ on this. If you choose to dive on the day you leave and fly, you will be required to sign a seperate Liability/Release Form (Waiver) to do this. You will only be able to do one morning dive at 8.00am at Mabul Island; however, this is at the discretion of the Resort Management. The extra charge for the dive on the last day is RM50/USD14 per person/per dive.