Sandakan Wildlife Tours – Visit the Orang Utans at Sepilok, Proboscis Monkeys at Sukau and the Swiftlets & Bats at Gomatong Caves
Itinerary for 2D1N Sandakan Wildlife Tours
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- First of all, proceed to the world famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
- The journey overland will take approximately 30 minutes.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter.
- Proceed for a 30 min video show and briefing on the Centre.
- Proceed to the Platform to observe the daily feeding of the Orang Utan (time: 1000 hrs).
- Depart Sepilok Orang Utan Centre to Sukau Village
- The journey will take approximately 2 1/2 hours by road.
- On arrival, check in at the river lodge.
- Lunch will be served at the main hall.
- Board river boat for boat cruise along the Kinabatangan river to search for the elusive Proboscis Monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to the lodge in the late evening.
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
( Lunch & Dinner )
- After breakfast, depart for Sandakan Town.
- En route stop at the Gomantong Caves.
- Trek to the Cave entrance of Simud Hitam.
- Explore the fascinating cave.
- Depart for Sandakan Town for lunch.
- After lunch proceed for the Sandakan City Tour.
- After end of the City Tour, transfer to airport for flight to next destination or transfer to hotel.
- End of tour.
( Breakfast & Lunch )
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.