Kinabatangan River Cruise & Sepilok Orang Utan Wildlife Tour
Itinerary of 2D1N Sepilok & Kinabatangan River
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- Proceed to the world famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, journey will take approximately 30 minutes.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter and proceed to the reception centre for a 30 min video show on the centre.
- Proceed to the Platform A to observe the daily 1000 hrs feeding of the Orang Utan.
- Depart Sepilok Orang Utan Centre to Sukau Village.
- Journey will take approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- On arrival, check in and lunch will be served at the main hall.
- Board river boat for boat cruise along the Kinabatangan river to search for the elusive Proboscis Monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to the lodge in the late evening.
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge by the banks of the Kinabatangan river.
( Lunch & Dinner )
- After breakfast, depart for Sandakan Town, enroute stop at the Gomantong Cave.
- Gomantong Caves is described by WWF as ‘the best-managed edible birds’ nest cave in the world.
- Trek to the Cave entrance of Simud Hitam
- Explore the fascinating limestone cave, home to millions of bats and swiflet birds.
- During the collection of the edible bird nest, there will be a lot of workers climbing long rattan ladders to collect the expensive nest.
- Depart for Sandakan Town, on arrival, transfer to airport or to hotel.
~ End of tour ~
( Breakfast )
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.