Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre: A Half-Day Excursion to Visit the Orangutans of Borneo
Sample Itinerary for Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre Tour
- Meet upon arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel lobby.
- Proceed to the world famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for a unique Wildlife Tour.
- The journey overland will take approximately 30 minutes.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter.
- Firstly, proceed for a 30 min video show on the Centre.
- The Centre was founded in 1964, to rehabilitate orphaned baby orangutans – most rescued from logging sites/plantations because of illegal hunting or illegal pet trade.
- Proceed to the platform to observe the daily feeding of the Orang Utan (time: 1000 hrs & 1500 hrs).
- In addition, you can visit the nursery area where the younger Orang Utans first learn to be outside and play on a large climbing frame.
- Depart Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for Sandakan Town or the Airport.
- End of tour.
Note: Tour can commence either in the morning or afternoon.
Things You Should Know / Bring / Wear
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.