Fascinating River Cruise along Kinabatangan Ox-Bow Lake
Itinerary of 2D1N Kinabatangan Ox-Bow Lake River Cruise
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport or at Hotel Lobby.
- Depart for Gomantong Caves, journey will take approximately 2 hrs passing by Oil Palm plantations and villages.
- On arrival, take a 10 minute walk to the cave entrance of Simud Hitam.
- Explore these magnificent limestone caves, home to millions of bats and swiflet birds.
- During the collection of the edible bird nest, there will be a lot of workers climbing long rattan ladders to collect the expensive nest.
- After exploring the caves, depart to the village of Sukau by the banks of the Kinabatangan River, the longest river in Sabah.
- On arrival, check in and lunch at the main hall.
- Depart for boat cruise along the Kinabatangan river to search for the odd nose monkeys of Borneo – the Proboscis Monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to the river lodge for dinner.
- Overnight at the river lodge by the banks of the Kinabatangan River.
( Lunch & Dinner )
- Depart for an early morning visit to the Kinabatangan ox-bow lake to search for birds and other wildlife.
- Return to the river lodge for breakfast.
- Check out and depart for Sandakan Airport or hotel in Sandakan.
~ End of tour ~
( Breakfast )
Suitable walking shoes / change of clothes, toiletries, etc. / hat / raincoat / insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for camera / torchlight / personal items.