Delicacies - Menu for May 2000
600g prawns, seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper
50g toasted coconut
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
8 chilli padi, finely sliced
1 sprig of coriander leaves and some spring onions, chopped
Juice of 1 small lime (optional)
2 small eggs
1. Beat eggs lightly with a fork together with 1 tsp light soya sauce, a dash of pepper
and a pinch of salt.
2. Heat some butter in a pan and pour in the beaten eggs.
3. Tilt the pan slightly to make a thin omelette. Cut into very fine and small shreds and
4. Deep fry prawns until just cooked. Drain and put on absorbent paper.
5. Heat some butter over low heat. Put in the toasted coconut, sugar, salt and chilli
padi. Fry until fragrant.
6. Add in the prepared omelette, coriander leaves, spring onions and lime juice. Mix well.
7. Put in the prawns and stir until the prawns are well coated with the mixture.
Back To Main Delicacies Page
Submit your contribution to Borneo